The Misfit Tech 16 channel LED Color Bar is design for retrofitting color illumination boxes and cubes. They are design such that you can tune in different spectrum of light to mimic all lighting situations.
Since each LED color's brightness can be individually controlled it is also excellent choice for use in color and imaging research.
The light bar is design for color and imaging research and allows controlling the brightness of each LED color independently. The LEDs brightness are linearly controlled for zero flicker, hence can be used with fast shutter cameras or head ache free illumination.
The stock unit comes with the following 14 color bands:
Optionally the following IR ranges can be added
The LED bar is designed to handle >10 Watts per LED color for a total of over 150W of illumination. Note that this is roughly 40W incandescent light output per color.
If you would like custom colors or higher wattage units please contact us and we can build what you need. Also if you need more than 16 color bands we can accommodate this as well.
These units are custom built to order and can take up to 4 weeks for production, so order now.
The brightness of the LEDs can be controlled through a USB port (USB serial port), example software for controlling the LEDs in Python will be included. If additional control software or features needed please contact us and we will be happy to help.
The following items are included with each color bar:
- PCB with LEDS
- Heat sink
- LED Controller board
- 6 foot micro USB cable
- USB Flash drive with example Python software and drivers (tested on Windows 10, but should work with MAC and Linux)
- 110C/220V input, 24V (360W) output external power supply , one power supply can power two LED Color Bars.
Color Bar Specifications:
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (including heat sink, LED Strips and controller)
- Color Bar Dimensions: 23" x 1.9" x 1.9" (585mm x 49mm x 49mm) - Note leave room for air flow around heat sink
- LED Expect life: ~10,000 hours
Power Supply Specifications:
- Input: AC 100~240V / 47~63Hz
- Output: DC 0-24V 15A
- Dimensions: 21.5 cm x 11.5 cm x 5 cm
- Weight: 893.5g
- Color: Silver
- USB micro connector for interface and control (6' USB cable included with package)
- 16 channel analog constant current controlled LED dimming output (no PWM (flickering) on LEDs)
- 0 - 1.0 Amp per channel (>10bit resolution)
- Multiple heat sink temperature measurement points
- Dual variable speed fan controls for heat mitigation
- Independent current monitor of each channel (>10 bit resolution)
- Generic USB serial port interface for control
- Direct mounting to side of heat sink
The color bar is designed for retro fitting into existing light boxes. It is assumed the user will have sufficient technical knowledge and abilities to install the unit and take necessary precautions when installing system. Misfit does not warranty the unit as being fit for your application, please contact us if you have any questions before ordering.
Misfit Tech is not responsible for any issues resulting for improper installation of unit, such as shock, fire, etc. If you have any questions about the product please ask before ordering.
Typical response for the LEDs are shown in the figure below: