The firmware for this project is still under development. Please do not expect the unit to be fully functional at this stage in the development, however it is close.
This is a Nano Zero based Smart Stepper controller. Has easy calibration and up to 256 microstep support.
The NEMA 17 Smart Stepper board is designed for 3D printers and other stepper motor machines. You can install the Nano Zero Smart stepper (NZS) on back of your NEMA 17 stepper motor and always be in control of your stepper.
The Nano Zero Smart Stepper Comes with:
- PCB shown above with bootloader programmed
- Magnet for gluing to motor shaft
- Four 40mm M3 screws
- M3 plastic washers for spacing boards from stepper motor
- Input power: 8-36Vdc
- Peak output current: +/-2A
- Feedback loop speed: 6kHz
- Accuracy: better than 0.1125 degrees
- Mircrostepping options: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256 (16x is default)
Currently the firmware has the following support:
- LCD based calibration
- LCD calibrations testing
- Support for Error Pin or optionally use it for enable pin
- Support for up to 256x microstepping
- Automatic detection of motor rotation, and step size. Currently only supporting 1.8 and 0.9 degree/step motors
- Command line interface (like DOS/BASH) through USB
- No recompile of firmware for calibration or parameter/PID changes
There are several blog posts about the firmware and development on this site.
Here are some videos of the unit
Firmware can be found on github here
Here is the instructions on loading the Mechaduino firmware on this hardware, Mechaduino Firmware load.
Hardware Installation Instructions
Arduino Install Instructions for compiling firmware and loading onto board.