NEW HARDWARE REVISION – 3/21/2017
We have just test a new hardware revision with more features including:
- Board is now powered from motor power supply
- Level shifted Step, Dir, Enable and Error pins
- Level shifted RX and TX pins
- Motor screw holes have ground rings to ground board to motor for ESD
All orders of the Nano Zero Stepper will be the new hardware revisions and they are in stock…
The Nano Zero Stepper is NEMA 17 version of our Smart Stepper open source industrial servo controller. It sets a new standard in Stepper based positional feedback controllers, it has LCD for read out and configuration so it is easy to setup and operate on your motor without a PC, but using PC there are far more features.
The NEMA 17 Smart Stepper board is designed for 3D printers and other stepper motor machines. You can install the Nano Zero Smart stepper (NZS) on back of your NEMA 17 stepper motor and always be in control of your stepper.
The Nano Zero Smart Stepper Comes with:
- PCB shown above with bootloader programmed
- Magnet for gluing to motor shaft
- Four 40mm M3 screws
- M3 plastic washers for spacing boards from stepper motor
- Input power: 8-36Vdc
- Peak output current: +/-2A
- Feedback loop speed: 6kHz
- Accuracy: better than 0.1125 degrees
- Mircrostepping options: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256 (16x is default)
Currently the open source firmware supports:
- LCD based calibration
- LCD calibrations testing
- Support for Error Pin or optionally use it for enable pin
- Support for up to 256x microstepping
- Automatic detection of motor rotation, and step size. Currently only supporting 1.8 and 0.9 degree/step motors
- Command line interface (like DOS/BASH) through USB
- No recompile of firmware for calibration or parameter/PID changes
There are several blog posts about the firmware and development on this site, additionally see the following google group for peer support if needed:
Here are some videos of the unit
Firmware can be found on github here
Here is the instructions on loading the Mechaduino firmware on this hardware, Mechaduino Firmware load.
Hardware Installation Instructions
Arduino Install Instructions for compiling firmware and loading onto board.